Taking a little break from topics surrounding saving and investing money, what to do and what not to do with your money and all that, today we will drop some few fun facts about money that most people are not aware of. Got your pens ready? Here we go:
- If you have 10 dollars in your account or as cash at hand with no debts, you are wealthier than 25 percent of Americans.
- The key to happiness is spending your money on experiences rather than possessions, according to studies carried out. Do you agree with this?
- It takes around 8000 folds before a bill will tear from use. I don’t know who had time to do this but you can try and give us feedback of your little experiment. It should be fun right?
- The World’s First Paper Money was created in China 1,400 years ago. Also, U.S. paper money isn’t paper but cotton. Now the saying, “money grows on trees” makes a lot of sense.
- More Monopoly Money is printed every year than the real US money.The popular board game prints up to $50 billion of its currency each year. Now ain’t that something?
- Drug lord Pablo Escobar had so much cash that rats ate almost 1 billion dollars of his money each year. This is not us encouraging you to delve into that line of business. Okay?
- Introduced in 1973, the currency currently used in Nigeria is the Naira and Kobo. Prior to this, the country used Pounds as the legal tender for transactions.
- Paper money can transport live flu virus and many other bacteria from one person to another. While most of these microorganisms are actually not harmful to your health, there are around 7% that can be hazardous to your health. So be careful when handling money.
- By the United States law, only dead people can appear on U.S. currency and well you also have to be a major contributor to protecting their founding freedoms. Are you motivated yet?
You can go online and read more fun facts about currencies from various parts of the world. Have a fun-filled Wednesday.